SUZANNE BUNKERS (1950- )
QUANTITY: 2 linear foot
Acquisition: The papers (donor no. 604) were donated by Suzanne Bunkers in 2002 and subsequent years.
Access: The papers are open for research, with the exception of diary 50, which is closed until 2017.
Copyright: Copyright held by the donor has been retained by the donor.
Preferred Citation: Box #, Suzanne Bunkers Diaries, Iowa Women’s Archives, The University of Iowa Libraries, Iowa City.
Processed by: Karissa Haugeberg, 2007. [Bunkers.Suzanne.doc]
Iowa Women's Archives
100 Main Library
University of Iowa Libraries
Iowa City, Iowa 52242
E-mail the Iowa Women's Archives
Suzanne Lillian Bunkers, English professor and diarist, was born in 1950 in Granville, Iowa, to Verna Klein Bunkers and Jerome A. Bunkers. She attended Iowa State University, graduating with a BS in English education with honors in 1972, and an MA in English literature in 1974. In 1980, Bunkers received a PhD in English from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She began teaching at Mankato State University (now Minnesota State University-Mankato) in 1980. Bunkers has written, edited, and co-edited several books about women diarists, several of which are at the University of Iowa Libraries (see below). She has one child, Rachel Susanna Bunkers.
Scope and Content Note
The Suzanne Bunkers diaries date from 1970 to 2002 and measure 2 linear feet. In these ninety-one volumes of diaries, Bunkers wrote about academic life, current events, politics, feminism, travel, sexuality, divorce, motherhood, grief, and health. A folder of biographical information containing résumés and articles written by Bunkers completes the collection.
- Iowa Women’s Archives Records
- Includes audiocassette of a panel discussion in which Bunkers participated at the 10th anniversary celebration of the Iowa Women’s Archives on November 15, 2002. (AC 898)
- Two of Bunkers’ books are shelved in the IWA printed works collection:
- Diaries of Girls and Women: A Midwestern Sampler (Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 2001) CT3260.D53
In Search of Susanna (Iowa City: University of Iowa Press, 1996) PE64.B86 A3
One book by Bunkers is shelved in the University of Iowa Main Library stacks:
- Inscribing the Daily: Critical Essays On Women’s Diaries (Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press, 1996) PS409.I57
- Box 1
- Biographical information
Diaries, 1970-1980 (20 diaries)
- Diaries, 1980-1987 (20 diaries)
- Box 3
- Diaries, 1987-1990 (9 diaries)
- Diaries, 1991-1996 (21 diaries)
- Diaries, 1996-2002 (19 diaries)
- Diary, 1990-1991 (2 diaries) [CLOSED]
For more information about this collection contact the Iowa Women's Archives.
Iowa Women’s Archives, University of Iowa Libraries, Iowa City IA 52242.
Please send comments to: email@example.com
Page created January 2008